Saturday, December 3, 2011

On 2 wheels



Yesterday, I was leisurely driving home when Boxi (my Dad's 16 year-old car) broke down. Again. I just had him fixed a month ago. And now we're at the car shop. Again. If it's not the master brake, it's the clutch. Or the transmission. Etcetera, etcetera. Don't get me wrong...I love Boxi to pieces. He has been a part of the family since I was 10 years old. But I've had enough of endless repairs and rising gas prices. My wallet is definitely crying out for help! SOS!

That brings me to this crazy idea: urban biking. Why not, right?

Pros:
1. It's eco-friendly
2. It's cheap
3. It's good exercise
4. No traffic for me!

I'm really into folding bikes after watching a feature about it on TV. And here are my top options:


Folded Jack D24
Photo from dahon.com
Dahon Jack D24
P23, 250
Glorious Ride Bike Shop
Photo from dahon.com
Eco C6
P15,350
Glorious Ride Bike Shop
Photo from dahon.com

Eco C6 folded
Photo from dahon.com

Dahon Eco C7
P17,150
Glorious Ride Bike Shop
Photo from dahon.com
Dahon Mu P8
P29,600
Glorious Ride Bike Shop
Photo from dahon.com

Dahon Vitesse D7
P20,950
Glorious Ride Bike Shop
Photo from dahon.com

Dahon MU P24
P36, 960
Glorious Ride Bike Shop
Photo from dahon.com


Dahon Peerless Lite
P9,970
Glorious Ride Bike Shop
Photo from Glorious Ride FB account


Neat, huh?

Now the downside...the ultimate CON:
1. Biking around Metro Manila is equated with D-E-A-T-H

*ulk*

I really want to bike around the metro but my family didn't like the idea when I pitched in the grand plan. My Dad even said, "Kung wala ka ng pangarap at gusto mo ng mamatay, mag-bike ka". Now I'm iffy about this purchase after hearing Dad's remark. So it's still a maybe. Oh well...

What do you think? To bike or not to bike...that is the question.

4 comments:

  1. go! do it! anyway its your life, do what you love, don't base any decision from fear. prepare for it and then do it anyways. Life is a risk! goodluck and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anonymous for the encouragement. Oddly so, I thrive in fear. Haha. But yeah, I must agree when you said "Life is a risk". So let's drink to that!

      Delete
    2. ..and bike to that as well! ;p

      Delete
    3. did you end up getting a foldie? im thinking of getting a peerless lite..

      Delete

Freedom Space