Thursday, June 23, 2011

That one chase

Bench 2009
nixasis

Blank screen. Cursor blinking 2, 3, 10 times. Suddenly, I vigorously type what I've always wanted to say without filter or restraint. Until Reason knocks my head hard and forces me to press the backspace button.


Delete. Delete. Delete.


Sometimes, I find myself thinking of you. Still. You are the memory that won't go away. The picture tucked away in my little box that I look at from time to time. A reminder of the pain. The scar. The regret. A story that ended before it begun. An unfinished song that might not see the light of day. That name etched on a bench. A battle lost. That one chase. The one that got away. What could have been but never was. What might have been but never will be.

Too much time has passed. It is too late. Anyway, distance has a way of making one forget. Perhaps not now, but soon. No worries though-- I am coping. Little by little. Somehow. I can only convince myself that this is all for the best...even though half of me says I'm just lying.

6 comments:

  1. The what ifs are the hardest to forget

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Anna. *Sigh* Emotional baggage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. things change unaided sometimes, and you will recognize the opportunity to change it or stay on your course, am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes ask myself, am I undergoing quarter-life crisis? So far, am surviving..one day at a time. I hope I recognize which path to take soon. Thanks Teacher Joy.

    ReplyDelete

Freedom Space