Saturday, September 1, 2012

A Stranger Across the Room

Perfect Afternoon
nixasis


And so I am alone once again in this cozy nook on a rainy September afternoon. After many years of lone tables, brewed legal stimulants, occasional chocolate-laden sugary treats and steeped tea leaves in disposable cups, I have become comfortable in my own company. I actually celebrate it. Darn, I'm proud of it.

But sometimes, when I am surrounded by couples cuddling (eye sore!), families enjoying a meal together, and friends laughing their hearts out, I can't help but feel lonely. Just like today.

I'm fine, really. It's just that today is one of those days when the universe highlights my solitude. Although nobody really cares. (Who would?) Quite frankly, I am not ashamed; I am just unbearably lonely nowadays. It must be because the brrr-months are here. Or maybe it's because I'm turning a year older days from now. Perhaps, even both.

Suddenly, you walked in, ordered your upper of choice, settled on the comfy couch in front of me and opened a book--Murakami's Norwegian wood.

A stranger across the room. A rainy September afternoon. I'm not alone at being alone after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freedom Space