Don't get me wrong. I love everything that is Christmas. I am in bliss whenever I hear Christmas carols sung live or played on the radio. I am in awe with the lights that brighten the highways at night. I am in heaven when I sink my teeth into the high caloric holiday treats. And I am filled with happiness in the company of family and friends.
But society has made it so that it is mainly focused on Santa, TV specials and mall sales that I am personally lost with what's it really all about. I am not religious yet I ask myself, why is this season worth celebrating? What is the true essence of Christmas?
A journey in the darkest of nights. A search. A humble manger. A child. A destiny fulfilled.
What is it then? I don't know for sure. But it is a thought worth pondering.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Freedom Space