Recently, my friends are pushing me to start dating since I've been single for a long time. Although I know that they mean well, I do not have the urge nor the reason to go out there and search. I am a 27 year-old woman who is literally consumed by work 24/7. So why would I add another stressor in my hectic life?
Don't get me wrong. I'm not a pessimist when it comes to finding true love. I am a staunch supporter of the commandment "love your neighbor as yourself". If you're in a relationship, good for you. If you're engaged, I would even volunteer to play the guitar at your wedding. If you're already hitched, I wish you and your beloved years of wedded bliss. So you see, I agree with John Lennon when he said "all you need is love." I'm just not wired for that whole dating/commitment thing.
So imagine my face when my Dad told the whole family about his dream of him playing with his future grandchild. Que horror! I immediately exclaimed "COUNT-ME-OUT"! Good thing I have siblings who can do that job of procreation. The burden of "dating-marriage-baby" is no longer upon me. I am saved. Amen!
Who knows? I might change my mind and give dating a try. Operative word: MIGHT. But that would happen in that very distant, oh-so-far-away future (rough estimate: 20 years from now). I am still enjoying my single status and the freedom that comes with it. I am not trading my "table for one" just yet. I am proud to stay single by choice. And this is the wisest decision I've made so far.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Freedom Space