![]() |
| groggie.com |
One of the anticipated events in a teacher's calendar (and the much awaited rest that the students are praying for) is here...SEMBREAK! So how am I going to spend this week-long freedom from lesson plans and class records?
Hmmm...
Nuninuninu....
Aha...de-clutter time!
Clothes in disarray greeted me as soon as I opened my closet. You see, I am a simple, white tees and jeans kind of girl. I stick to the essentials. Or so I thought. I never knew that I accumulated so much stuff throughout the years...until now. I am so aghast at the pile of junk hibernating in my cabinet. How did it turn out this way? Such utter chaos!
| Exhibit A: Chaos |
| Exhibit B: More chaos |
After the bloody sorting out process, I got 2 big plastic bags to fill up with my old stuff. One bag is designated for clothes to be given away and the other bag is meant for garments to be thrown out. Some pieces from the latter pile dates back 1999 and I must say it's a long overdue disposal. On the other hand, the rest of the pack which survived the sorting process were neatly folded (well, I tried) and stacked back into the closet according to style and color. I'm happy to report that after 2 hours of Oplan: Linis Cabinet, I survived the monsters in my closet. Yay! (cue Chariots of Fire Theme Song while jumping in slow motion)
| After the havoc: My white tees |
Then a crazy idea struck me...why shouldn't I start a minimalist lifestyle? I know it's a long shot for me but I can take the plunge. So I will begin this path towards minimalism with the tangibles: my wardrobe. Surprisingly, I have unconsciously taken baby steps by dressing up according to function and comfort, never sticking to trends. 70% of my clothes are in neutral hues and classic cuts, which is hardcore minimalist. Perhaps, my gravitation towards whites and blacks represents my subdued personality. Or maybe I'm just plain boring. *yawn* Well, there are pressing matters that I deal with on a daily basis that I do not have the time nor the patience to figure out which top goes well with orange trousers. White can be paired with anything; black can be paired with virtually everything. Simple. Practical. No-brainer.
![]() |
| All White bemorewithless.com |
![]() |
| Dream closet modresdes.com |
Why am I embarking on this project anyway? What is my goal in the long run? I aim to live life as a simple (wo)man...wise enough to settle for less and content with the bare essentials.
![]() |
| My Goal |




No comments:
Post a Comment
Freedom Space