![]() |
| Currimao 2012 nixasis |
The summer days are longer than usual. Time is in my hands. The clock stretches its arms, giving the old ghosts time to emerge in droves. Oh, the phantoms that I locked away long ago in a small box somewhere come knocking at my door. What to do, what to do...
So I pack my bags and walk away from it all. It's the easiest way to escape. That's what I've always done before. The road ahead is already expecting my return as it welcomes me in its embrace, showing me its crossroads and highways. I'm glad I've deceived the ghosts behind. They won't run after me now. Or so I thought. And so I walk, and walk some more. I bask in the sun's warm rays and wander in solitude. Mile after mile, I lengthen the distance between my past and I. "Oh, the ghosts can never reach me now." Or so I thought.
Idleness, oh my enemy. You make me believe I lost the ghosts for good. I should have been more vigilant. I turn around and they're here now. They chase me down the shoreline where the road ends. They're here now.
The clock stretches its arms, giving the old ghosts time to emerge in droves. Oh, the phantoms that I locked away long ago in a small box somewhere are here in front of me. What to do, what to do...
To slay them one by one, that's the only solution I have in mind. This dagger I hold in my hand is the only weapon that will free me from the past. There's no turning back. Just before I strike, I suddenly look up at the canopy of stars. The constellations, where our destinies are written and where we hang upon our dreams, shine bright and hopeful tonight . I've never seen it this way, until now. As I lower my gaze, I drop the dagger to the ground. I look at the phantoms' cold, hollow eyes, bow down in reverence, and utter the words "thank you". I recognize their worth in my journey.; I am grateful they were there when I needed them. And so one by one, their eyes meet mine. One by one, they leave. The old ghosts grant the freedom I've always yearned for. They let me be.
And with the sun rising in the horizon, a boat sails towards the shoreline where I stand...bringing with it a calm rebirth.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Freedom Space