Wednesday, August 8, 2012

2-lanes

Photo taken by Kv


1 Aug 2012. Wednesday. On my way home from school, I drove leisurely along Amang Rodriguez Ave. when a 10-wheeler cut right in front of me. Of course, what can I do? I was annoyed (extremely irritated) but gave way. Sky is a Lilliputian as compared to that Gulliver made of steel. So, I surrendered to the road bully.

                                                      Driving leisurely=out of the equation

I tried to keep my cool. But I guess my patience was being tested yet again when a jeepney suddenly barged in out of nowhere and attempted to take my lane. I stayed my ground. Whenever he would gas up, I would gas up too. I wouldn't give up this fight! So we were already neck and neck when I decided to put a stop to this nonsense. I rolled down my window and yelled at the driver...

                           "Manong, nagmamadali ka? Sige ikaw na mauna, ikaw na."

He didn't respond at all. He just gave me a catatonic look. His (non) reaction surprised me. What could he be thinking, I wondered.  But true to my word, I slowed down and let him take my spot.

Only to find out, our side of the road has 2- lanes. Gak!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freedom Space