Saturday, August 18, 2012

Under the Weather

meds

For the past few weeks, I have accepted assignments and sidelines left and right. Plus the demands at work and in grad school have piled up on my desk as well. I have eaten stress for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And insomnia wouldn't let me go either.

No wonder my system collapsed just like that. My throat is killing me for days and causing major bouts of headache and fatigue that pushed me to consult an EENT specialist today. Being diagnosed with acute tonsillopharyngitis and acid reflux is no laughing matter for a music teacher like me who is paid to speak and sing too. So imagine the distress of having to take antibiotics AND be under a 3-day voice rest. I know, pure torture!

Ironically, I'm glad this happened. This is a wake up call for me. Rest is as important as work, just as breathing out is needed after we breathe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freedom Space