Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Post-Thanksgiving List

What am I grateful for?

1. The intimate conversations and endearing memories I shared with those dear to me.
2. The chance to live out of my comfort zone for 4 years in order to empower myself and discover who I really am.
3. My family and the unconditional support we have for one another despite the distance and lost years in between.
4. The opportunity to teach and learn.
5. Relationships, interactions and chance encounters.
6. Frailty which humbles me; spirituality which grounds me.
7. The mistakes I've made along the way.
8. That time when I loved and was loved in return.
9. The ever-changing tides of life and the uncertainty it brings.
10. The freedom to be who I am with no apologies or guilt.

Looking at this list, I realize I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Nothing to justify any feeling of discontent; no reason to rant or scream or whine. It's an awesome life so far. And I am going to live it up to the fullest before time runs out.

As of the moment, I am filled with gratitude. I couldn't ask for anything more. My life is not a perfect one, I know. But finally, I found beauty in the flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freedom Space