Sunday, November 14, 2010

Stereo, Steering Wheel and Highways

Sta. Rosa
2010
nixasis

"The thrill of the pursuit is more exciting than the conquest."

Yes. Probably.

The heavy traffic clogged the streets of Ortigas. I turned on the radio to kill time. I changed the station as many times as thoughts meandered through this fickle head of mine. Saturday. Rush hour. Every car in Manila seemed to be taking this route. Two hours stuck in the same place. Phew.

I turned off the radio. I don't need company in this solitary trip. Not now. I shut down the noise outside, silenced the demons inside too. I stared at the road ahead while my hands gripped steadily onto the steering wheel.

Green light.
"Where will you go?"

Clutch.
"Are you ready to take that road?"

First gear.
"Will you ever be where you want to be?"

Gas.
"If you will not do it now, then when?"

Go.
"Did you make the right decision?"

Yellow light.
"Will you go for it or stop?"

Brake
"Will you?"

Red light.
"Why are you here in the first place?"

Stop.
"Can you?"

"The thrill of the pursuit is more exciting than the conquest."

Yes. Maybe.

I think the exciting part of the journey is the uncertainty of the quest. It is not really important when you're going to reach your destination. What has more bearing is how you'll get there. It is not so much a question of where the road will lead you but how will the pursuit change you in the process.

No matter where you'll be led, and how smooth or rough it'll be, always be assured that you will be a better person in the end.

* The picture above is definitely not Ortigas but SLEX. It was taken the day I left Sta. Rosa Laguna and moved back to everything familiar. Quotation from the movie Chasing Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Freedom Space