This week has been T-O-X-I-C! I am bombarded with deadlines, deadlines, and more D-E-A-Dlines at work. And it's only Wednesday for crying out loud!
So how did I cope up with stress? I went out for a little "me-time" after work. And I started the Wednesday getaway with a gastronomic indulgence.
As I was parking my car at the open parking lot, I already knew what I wanted for dinner. Pasta and chocolate cake. I neglected my healthy diet and succumbed to the excess carbo and calories my appetite was craving for. Never mind if it would add inches to my waistline and thighs. I just need to have my dose of sugar! So I headed off to Amici and ordered the super packed meal to brighten my day.
![]() |
| Spaghetti Aglio Olio e Pepperoncino |
I finished my pasta course within seconds. Not one bit of spaghetti was left. Nada. Zero. Simot! I wasn't that successful with the cake though. Don't get me wrong, I love Amici's Pistachio Cioccolato especially when paired with brewed coffee. But my sweet tooth was satisfied with just a few bites. I had wrapped up what's left of the cake to take home. Good thing I saved some for my midnight snack.
To offset my (over) indulgence, I ordered a smoothie at Mondo Juice. Their concoction of mangoes, pineapples and orange juice (aka DETOX) made the deal for me. I know, it's still packed with sugar. But if it says DETOX, then it's good enough for me.
![]() |
| Mondo Juice: Detox mangoes.pineapples.nectar.orange juice. |
Then I passed by an interesting gallery on the 4th floor dubbed as Kasal-Kasalan. I find these paintings very interesting even though I don't see myself getting hitched. It's as though you are looking at snapshots in an album, only the pictures are painted in acrylic. What's more intriguing is that the people in the painting are all faceless. Maybe the artist's intent is to show us that this sequence can be anybody's dream or memory. What do you think?
![]() |
| Kasal-kasalan |
My tired feet finally gave up after a few hours of strolling. I drove home with the city lights guiding me home and the radio keeping me company.
Sure, I cannot run away from the demands and stress of work. But stepping away from the situation, even for a short while, makes me see the bigger picture. I finally accepted that there are things in life that are beyond my control. I just have to let go and let things be.






No comments:
Post a Comment
Freedom Space